This Ukrainian Lesson is special. It teaches you how to express gratitude in Ukrainian, both verbally and non-verbally. And instead of a dialogue this time we have a beautiful song. Щиро дякую, що слухаєте! Sincere thanks for listening!
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my introduction in Ukrainian;
- listen to the part of Diakuyu by Okean Elzy (more Ukrainian songs translated by us here);
- get to know 10 great ways to express gratitude in Ukrainian (this part is entirely in Ukrainian language!);
See below the full list of expressions.
- discover some non-verbal ways to be grateful in Ukraine! (in English)
Check out our blog post on How to say “thank you” in Ukrainian: 8 useful expressions (with audio!)
10 способів висловити вдячність українською – 10 ways to express gratitude in Ukrainian
- Дякую! Дуже дякую! – Thank you! Thank you very much!
- Щиро дякую! Сердечно дякую! – Sincerely thank you!
- Спасибі! – Thank you!
- Дякую за… – Thank you for…
- Я дуже вдячний (вдячна) за… – I am very grateful for…
- Я перед вами в боргу. – I owe you.
- Ти мене дуже виручив = Ти мене врятував. – You really helped me, you saved me.
- Завдяки тобі… – Thanks to you…
- Дякую, було дуже смачно! – Thank you, it was delicious!
- На знак вдячності… – As a sign of gratutude…
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
Download this Lesson’s Notes for free! The PDF includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the whole episode (except the cultural info which was in English);
- Grammar chart: using Dative with the words of gratitude in Ukrainian;
- Bonus Exercise: Dative case practice with the expressions of gratitude in Ukrainian;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.
As a premium member, you also get access to:
- The lesson notes of the episodes you subscribe to;
- Private Community on Facebook for the free practice of Ukrainian;
- Digital flashcards with all the new words every 10 episodes!