In this lesson, discover the Vocative case in Ukrainian by listening to the popular Ukrainian children’s poem “Білі мухи”. Learn new vocabulary and maybe even try to memorize the poem with Віталій (9 years old) and your teacher Анна.
Subscribe not to miss your free weekly Ukrainian lessons – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/season2.
To become a member of ULP Community on Facebook and get weekly PDF lesson notes and flashcards every 10 episodes go to https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/season2-premium.
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my introduction about вірші;
- listen to the Ukrainian children’s poem “Білі мухи” recited by Vitaliy;
- learn new vocabulary and structures from the poem;
- learn about using and forming the Vocative case in Ukrainian;
- practice using the Vocative case in Ukrainian;
- discover some great Ukrainian poets and the role of the poetry in Ukrainian schools.
Poets mentioned in the Cultural Info section
- Тарас Шевченко
- Іван Франко
- Леся Українка
- Максим Рильський
- Павло Тичина
- Василь Стус
- Микола Вінграновський
- Мирослав Лаюк
Дякую, що слухаєте! – Thanks for listening!
To help out the UL Podcast:
- Rate us and leave a review on iTunes, Stitcher, Podbean or right here on the blog. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Share this message on your social media or send it to your friends:
Learning Ukrainian? Then, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Ukrainian Lessons Podcast – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/thepodcast/
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
Become a premium member to get access to all the useful lesson notes! The PDF includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the introduction and poem;
- Grammar charts: Vocative case in Ukrainian: endings and examples;
- Bonus Exercise: practice forming the Vocative case;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.
As a premium member, you also get access to:
- The lesson notes of the episodes you subscribe to;
- Private Community on Facebook for the free practice of Ukrainian;
- Digital flashcards with all the new words every 10 episodes!