In this Ukrainian Lesson, you will:
- listen to my introduction about вірші;
- listen to the Ukrainian children’s poem “Білі мухи” recited by Vitaliy;
- learn new vocabulary and structures from the poem;
- learn about using and forming the Vocative case in Ukrainian;
- practice using the Vocative case in Ukrainian;
- discover some great Ukrainian poets and the role of poetry in Ukrainian schools.
Poets mentioned in the Cultural Info section:
- Тарас Шевченко
- Іван Франко
- Леся Українка
- Максим Рильський
- Павло Тичина
- Василь Стус
- Микола Вінграновський
- Мирослав Лаюк
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
- Full transcript & translation of the introduction and poem;
- Grammar charts: Vocative case in Ukrainian: endings and examples;
- Bonus Exercise: practice forming the Vocative case;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.
As a premium member, you also get access to:
- The lesson notes of the episodes you subscribe to;
- Private Community on Facebook for the free practice of Ukrainian;
- Digital flashcards with all the new words every 10 episodes!