In this episode, our American character Khrystyna asks her roommate for different pieces of advice: Where can she send a postcard? Where can she find an old camera? And so on. Listen to their conversation and then review the differences in using the imperfective and perfective verb aspects in Ukrainian.
Subscribe not to miss your free weekly Ukrainian lessons – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/season3.
To become a member of ULP Community on Facebook and get weekly PDF lesson notes and flashcards every 10 episodes go to https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/premium.
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian;
- listen to the informal conversation about different recommendations for Kyiv;
- review using imperfective and perfective verb aspects in Ukrainian;
- conjugate the verb of the day: знаходити;
- discover the idiom of the day: знайти спільну мову;
- learn more about пошта – post office in Ukraine in the Cultural Fact section (in English).
Дякую, що слухаєте! – Thanks for listening!
To help out the UL Podcast:
- Rate us and leave a review on iTunes, Stitcher, Podbean or right here on the blog. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Share this message on your social media or send it to your friends:
Learning Ukrainian? Then, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Ukrainian Lessons Podcast – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/thepodcast/
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes. The PDF for this episode includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the brief introduction and main dialogue;
- Grammar / Vocabulary: table of differences between imperfective and perfective verb aspects in Ukrainian;
- The verb of the day: the conjugation chart of the verb of the day;
- The idiom of the day: this episode’s idiom definition and examples;
- 5 Bonus Exercises to practice the verb aspects and the verb of the day;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.