It’s pizza time! Learn the vocabulary to talk about піца, listen to the conversation at the pizzeria in Ukrainian, and even find out Anna’s favorite pizza place in Kyiv. Also, discover чергування – sound alternations between imperfective and perfective verbs. Enjoy your Ukrainian lesson!
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian;
- listen to the conversation at the pizzeria in Ukrainian;
- discover чергування – sound alternations / sound changes between verb aspects in Ukrainian;
- conjugate the verb of the day: пригощати;
- discover the idiom of the day: ловити на слові;
- find out Anna’s favorite pizza restaurant in Kyiv, in the Cultural Fact section (in English).
Дякую, що слухаєте! – Thanks for listening!
To help out the UL Podcast:
- Rate us and leave a review on iTunes, Stitcher, Podbean, on your favorite podcast app, or right here on the blog. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Share this message on your social media or send it to your friends:
Learning Ukrainian? Then, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Ukrainian Lessons Podcast – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/thepodcast/
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes. The PDF for this episode includes:
- Full transcript & translation of the brief introduction and main dialogue;
- Grammar / Vocabulary: table of sound alternations between imperfective and perfective verbs in Ukrainian;
- The verb of the day: the conjugation chart of the verb of the day;
- The idiom of the day: this episode’s idiom definition and examples;
- Bonus Exercises to practice the alternations in Ukrainian and the verb of the day;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.