In this Ukrainian lesson, we begin the topic of житло (accommodation) with probably the first independent accommodation many Ukrainians have. It’s about a room in гуртожиток (dormitory). Listen to the dialogue, learn new words, and practice the plural of nouns with Ukrainian Lessons Podcast!
In this Ukrainian Lesson you will:
- listen to my brief introduction in Ukrainian about summer and the theme for the next lessons;
- learn the Ukrainian vocabulary of the things in your room;
- listen to the informal conversation about the student’s new room in the dormitory;
- discover the basic rules of forming the plural of nouns in Ukrainian;
- drill the vocabulary of the things in the room in singular and then in the plural;
- learn more about the students’ dormitories in Ukraine!
Дякую, що слухаєте! – Thanks for listening!
To help out the UL Podcast:
- Rate us and leave a review on iTunes, Stitcher, Podbean, on your favorite podcast app or right here on the blog. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Share this message on your social media or send it to your friends:
Learning Ukrainian? Then, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Ukrainian Lessons Podcast – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/thepodcast/
Transcript, Vocabulary List, and Flashcards!
Sign up to get these Lesson’s Notes for free! The PDF includes:
- Full transcript & translation of all the Ukrainian parts of the lesson (including the brief introduction);
- Dialogue and question: use the PDF as a worksheet to write down the answer to my question before the dialogue;
- Grammar chart: a single page chart of the plural of nouns rules for all genders;
- Bonus Exercise to drill forming the plural of nouns;
- Vocabulary List: new words from the episode in a chart with English translation.