Discover the life of Леся Українка — one of the greatest Ukrainian writers and translators, as well as one of the first feminist artists in Ukraine.
In this episode, you will also learn about фемінітиви – female gender marked nouns in Ukrainian (like авторка, письменниця, продавчиня, etc.)
Music in the podcast:
Onuka – ZENIT
Background music from Epidemic Sound
Відео про Лесю Українку від проєкту “Книга-мандрівка” (з англійськими субтитрами!)
Дякую, що слухаєте! – Thanks for listening!
To help out the UL Podcast:
- Rate us and leave a review on iTunes, Stitcher, Podbean or right here on the blog. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Share this message on your social media or send it to your friends:
Learning Ukrainian? Then, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the Ukrainian Lessons Podcast – https://www.ukrainianlessons.com/thepodcast/
Transcript, Vocabulary, and Exercises!
Become a premium member to receive the Lesson Notes.
Конспект уроку – lesson notes for this episode include:
- Full transcript of the whole episode in Ukrainian;
- Vocabulary: translation of more difficult words on the side;
- Idioms & expressions: table of the idioms mentioned in the episode (with English translation);
- Grammar: фемінітиви – female gender marked nouns in Ukrainian;
- Bonus Exercises to practice grammar and idioms.